Sunday, September 9, 2012

For the Music Man...Viola Congrats

This card was created with my musically talented son in mind and was inspired by the sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping.  I created the musical background paper as a word document by cutting and pasting a musical image and then printing it onto three different shades of cardstock.  I used a computer generated image to print a viola shape and cut it out of the background paper. I used an Xacto knife to cut the "F" holes then matted the viola onto black cardstock.  I drew the bow and cut it out from cardstock, coloring it with colored pencils and attaching it with dimensional adhesive.  I matted the strip with the viola onto a piece of vanilla cardstock and used a Kraft card base.  I finished the card by adding the sentiment with a marker. I thought about adding the viola strings, but in the end decided to leave the image as it is for a cleaner look.


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Core'dinations:  Pure Chocolate, Vanilla Cream &  Krafty
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives: Crafty Foam Tape

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love how you created the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so well done, Brenda! I love the kraft card stock and use of music notes in this design! So perfect! And thank you for stopping by my blog. Your encouragement means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to customize a card! I love this, especially the black outline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenda,
    I just saw your card on cleanandsimplestamping and I am just amazed how well done your card is, especially as I like strings, too. Thank for showing it and the great inspiration.
    Hello from Germany, Maike

    ReplyDelete