Friday, September 28, 2012

Field of Flax

CAS-UAL FRIDAYS has a very interesting challenge this week.  The idea is to be inspired by our own blog header.  Since my header is a photo of the meadow full of flax that is behind my house, I decided to "build a fence" and add bunches of flax.  I created the fence by cutting Core'dinations chocolate cardstock into uneven strips, added detail with Crayola colored pencils and then punched flowers from blue scrap paper with a McGill corner punch. I decided to make the flowers bluer than the flowers on my header because in real life the flax here have such a beautifully intense blue color. After adding grass and stems with a green colored pencil to a piece of light green cardstock , I adhered the flowers and fence. To finish I used a Sakura white gel pen to add the sentiment. 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous interpretation! I love your fence~fantastic detailing~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous meadow you get to look at!! You did a wonderful job with your card, it turned out so pretty :) I'm so glad you tooted your horn for us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Brenda, love how you created such realistic wodden fencing. That's a gorgeous view to have from your garden, you obviously enjoy it too :0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete