Thursday, September 6, 2012

Falling for you...


"Leaves are Falling" is the challenge over atThe Paper Players. I decided to use maple leaves and a recycle a piece of window screen.  I began by chalking over the screen onto white cardstock.  Using my Ek Success maple leaf punch, I punched a series of maple leaves from colored cardstock scraps.  To add dimension to them, I chalked around the edges and added colored pencil vein lines.  I adhered them randomly with Scotch Quick Dry adhesive and matted this onto a piece of black cardstock.  I wrote the sentiment with a white Sakura Gel pen on black cardstock and added a white mat and bow.  Inside the card I finished the sentiment and added a few chalked leaves for detail.


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Your chalked look is amazing, I really like how the touch of green brightens it up a bit. And the inside is a lot of fun too, I forget about the insides of my cards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I Love the texture you have on this! That screen is amazing! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a fun challenge. I love fall and knew when I saw the challenge that I needed to use maple leaves. I grew up in the east where the fall colors were spectacular and I miss all the vibrant colors. Thanks for the great challenge and your comments!

      Delete
  3. LOL, when I first saw this, I thought to myself, "This looks like the leaves on my screen door!"....and I was right! How clever and creative! Thanks for playing at the Paper Players this week and sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were replacing screens this summer, my husband didn't even bat an eye when I said I wanted to keep the old screens. He knew I had something crafty in mind. This challenge seemed like the perfect time to put a piece of them to use. Thanks for your comments and the challenge.

      Delete
  4. Love the background you've created! And that sentiment is so perfect for this theme! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete