Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunburst Card...my version

Have you visited Following the Paper Trail? Laura Denison is an amazingly talented papercrafter! Last week I watched her Sunburst Mini Album U-Stream video.  I was so INSPIRED! I couldn't wait to try making my own Sunburst Album.  It was so much fun!  Although it looks complicated, it is actually quite easy. I'm already thinking about other albums to create:

I used green flowered patterned paper and red flowered paper for the pockets.  The backs of both of these papers had no pattern so I stamped  blue flower images on the back of the red patterned paper and on the white cardstock. I used the white and blue flowered cardstock to cover the chipboard covers.  In addition to the blue flowers, I  added dashed green marker lines to connect the flowers.  I also stamped white flower images with red centers on the green paper and added additional red dots around the flowers.
If you look closely, you can see how each pocket has the different pattern papers interlocking one another.  When the book is put together, the papers overlap and create these unique pockets.
This is such a fun project and  I only used two 12" x 12" pieces of paper for the inside pockets and an additional piece of cardstock for the covers.  The flowers were made from scraps of paper and each is different from the previous flower.  I loved making each of them.  So, if you get a chance, check out Following the Paper Trail...you'll love what you see.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, your mini album is gorgeous! So much love and passion are put into this! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad!

    ReplyDelete