Thursday, July 10, 2014

Warm Winter Wishes














I'm back with a second card for the "two-fer" challenge over at Jingle Belles. Here are the details that I shared in my previous post:

The most recent challenge at Jingle Belles has us looking no further than our own craft rooms! We've all gathered quite a stash of crafting goodies (at least I know I have a room full), so the challenge is to use something that is at least a year old to create a Christmas card. Jingle Belles is teaming up with Shopping Our Stash or SOS where the challenges always invite us to focus on supplies and materials we already have on hand. These are always great challenges for me because as I paw through my stash I often discover something I have totally forgotten. With this challenge we also get to link our card up with BOTH Jingle Belles and Shopping Our Stash (thus the "two-fer" challenge)! 

My second card had me reaching for some very old patterned paper. I can't remember when I bought it, but it was many years ago. I think I bought it from Oriental Trading. This particular patterned paper has mittens and hats printed all over it and there are lovely white snowballs as well. I also dug out my Shape Boss....remember those? Mine was a gift from my husband years and years ago. I remembered that the Shape Boss had a mitten image, so I used it to dry emboss the mitten shapes onto green cardstock and white cardstock. Then I fussy cut around the green mittens and adhered the hearts and cuffs from the white embossed mittens.  I attached the mittens to a piece of purple cardstock, inked in some snowballs with a gel pen and matted this on white cardstock. Next I adhered this to the patterned paper and trimmed around the patterned paper with a pair of decorative scissors. These scissors were among the first tools I purchased when I first started paper crafting. (I really should be using them more frequently!) The inside sentiment reads "Sending Warm Winter Wishes".

Thanks for the challenge 

2 comments:

  1. i haven't heard the words "shape boss" in a while... but really... i think they were one of the first home embossing systems, weren't they? and pretty affordable, so i guess we should thank them for all of our cuttlebugs and cricuts and things!!! :) we can thank them for making the perfect mittens, while we're at it... these look so totally perfect with that paper!!! :) another JB/SOS triumph, missus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to use those decorative scissors ... they make such a great frame ... and those mittons are adorable ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete