Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Stressful Week


This past week was very stressful. I ended up flying across the country to spend some time with my brother who was in ICU for a few days. He's home now, but has some critical care issues that need to be addressed 24 hours a day (indefinitely). It was a stressful trip and I worry that he won't get the care he so needs. When I returned home, I had to get my mind off him so I played with paper and created a few cards. This card came together very quickly.  I used ink to create the sky background, using a punched circle to mask the area where the moon sits in the sky. Then I added the stamped trees in the foreground. The tree stamp is from Inkadinkado. It's one of my favorite stamps. I printed the sentiment directly onto the cardbase using my computer, matted the scene on black cardstock and adhered it to the cardbase.  I love the calm, peaceful feeling created by the snowy scene but more importantly, I appreciate the distraction a bit of card making provides during this stressful time.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Ink: Studio G, Stamp: Inkadinkado, Cardstock: Recollections, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

No comments:

Post a Comment