Saturday, November 2, 2013

Paper Bead Necklaces


I recently tried my hand at making paper beads. I found it to be a slow process, but also very relaxing.

The first photo shows my first attempt at making a necklace from the hand made beads. I chose decorative papers that have fall colors. In the end, I really liked the mix of colors and have worn the necklace to work. One of my colleagues really liked it so I decided to create a second one with coral colored papers for her. This time I added small silver spacers between each of the handmade paper beads. I think the spacers add a bit of elegance that my first attempt lacked.


The last necklace  is a combination of left over beads and a few newer ones.
I included the spacers on this one as well, but I am not as happy with the mix of colors.

I am so glad I finally got around to trying these paper beads. It's one of those crafts that has been around for a very long time. I think I might even experiment a bit more to see what other bead shapes I can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment