Tuesday, February 5, 2013

All Stitched Up

Kathy has the February sketch up over at The Sketch File. When I first saw it, I was somewhat hesitant because of all the layers. But I was ready for a challenge and reached for some MME Antique Dot paper. I had bits and pieces left over from other projects so this was a perfect card to use up some scraps.  Once I decided on the patterned papers, I cut a large circle and layered the other bits under it.  I ended up using my sewing machine to stitch the pieces together and then adhered them to the card base.  You probably can't tell from the photo, but the flowers are layered and have a bit of dimensional adhesive between the layers.

So are you feeling inspired? Want to play along?  Please check out the current challenge and other DT member's projects over at The Sketch File. We'd love to have you play along with us.

Supplies: Cardbase: Paper Studios, Patterned Paper: MME Antique Dots, Cardstock: yellow scraps, Punches: Flower:  EK Success, Leaves: ? (no name on it),  Sewing Machine: Janome, Colored pencil: Crayola, Adhesives: Glue Dots, Scotch ATG, February Sketch: Kathy Waffle's The Sketch File


1 comment: