Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Under 10 Minutes!








I learned about a fantastic challenge this morning. It's a ten minute craft dash over at Pretty Pink Posh.  The current challenge is anything goes but the goal is to create under 10 minutes! Let me just say it is a challenge for me because I tend to be a slow crafter and want to clean up as I go....but not for this challenge. I played hard and fast and left my craft area messy as I went along. I started  by punching sunflowers, using an EK Success punch and brown Coredinations Pure Chocolate cardstock. I backed the sunflowers with some yellow card stock from my scrap pieces and trimmed around them with scissors.  I added a Elmers Glue Dot under the centers of each flower and cut stems and leaves from the chocolate cardstock.  I mounted the flowers on Echo Park This & That cardstock, added the brown ribbon and used colored pencils to add detail to the flower centers, petals and leaves and it was done.  During this whole process I had a little timer running next to me.  When I shut it off it read:
8:2367 which is very fast for me!  

Thanks for this wonderful, fun challenge!  I especially liked the "anything goes" part and felt that it was a great way for me to create a simple, cleaner card. (Now I'm off to clean up the mess I left.)

5 comments:

  1. What a great card, Brenda! I've never seen a punch like your sunflower one before- that's such a neat product!

    Thank you for joining us in the very first 10 Minute Craft Dash! We hope you'll play along again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card...love those sunflowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! So pretty! and I love the idea of the 10 minute challenge. I need to try that. Sometimes I just drag it out to long!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get it! I'm a slow crafter, too. I will see if I can enter this contest and hopefully speed up my process. It will come in handy for those days that I realize that I need to get a card out in the mail that same afternoon. Love your sunflowers, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally awesome! i love those sunflowers, and your background. it sure looks like this took longer than 8:27--all those lovely details! thanks so much for joining us, we so appreciate it :D

    ReplyDelete