Tuesday, August 7, 2012

1st Quilt

Many years ago I made my first quilt.  I was unsure of myself but I desperately wanted to create this quilt as a gift for my niece as an autograph quilt for her wedding. Probably the hardest part of making the quilt was hand sewing all those leaves on, but I persevered and finished it.  It as a lot of work and well worth it because my niece loved the result.   Now I've finally turned this quilt into a scrapbook page. I based the page on a sketch at Club CK. I couldn't find  my original photo so I used this one that was recently emailed to me.  It was so fun playing with this sketch.    

Supplies:  DCWV Heirloom patterned paper, ATG adhesive, Ek Success Heart punch, various pieces of paper from my collections of scraps, sorry I don't know the source for the green cardstock (it's been in my stash far too long), the title was hand cut as were most of the hearts and the birdhouse

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout - I'm so impressed with your first quilt!

    ReplyDelete