Sunday, November 19, 2017

Snow Globe


I have been wanting to create a card with a snow globe as the focal point and I have finally done it!  My snow globe started with a punched dark blue circle and then I added pine trees, torn paper snow and a deer image.  For the falling snow I added tiny punched white circles. I added a few at the bottom next to the deer so that it would like the globe had been shaken and there was snow accumulating on the ground.  I layered a thin piece of clear acetate over the top of the entire scene. It is supposed to represent the glass. I ran a piece of white cardstock through a crimper and then cut it into the shape of a lid. I think I was trying to create more of a DIY snow globe image, (sort of like the kind  of handmade snow globe many of us created from a jar when we were kids), but now that I am looking at it, I wish I would have used a more elegant, wood like base. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment