Thursday, April 9, 2015

Patchwork Card for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Sketch Challenge

I couldn't resist playing along with the current sketch challenge
52 Christmas Card Throwdown Sketch
at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. The sketch just begs us to reach into our stash of small scrap pieces and put them to use. For this card, I used eight different pieces of patterned Christmas paper and separated them with a stitched border of white snowflakes. (I love my Janome sewing machine's many stitching designs, especially the snowflakes!) I wanted to let the patterned paper be the focus so I resisted adding any embellishments and simply added a sentiment with red brads.  Thanks for the fun challenge Louise!





4 comments:

  1. I love the papers you used and the sewed snowflakes look fantastic - thanks for joining us at the 52 CCCT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. The stitching makes it very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the pretty papers and the snowflake stitching is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the quilted look of your card!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete