Sunday, March 8, 2015

City Crafter WASHI Challenge

Thanks to Lauren at All the Good Names Were Taken and Jingle Belles, I've discovered yet another fabulous blog. This one is City Crafter and this week's challenge is to use WASHI TAPE. I've been playing with washi for a few weeks now but this morning I couldn't resist making one more card with it. This time I created the patterned border to the right and left of the fish image on my card. I placed two different strips of patterned washi on my cutting mat and cut it into equal lengths, then adhered it to the white mat alternating each color. I can't remember the brand name of the washi. I have a drawer full of washi and no longer have the company labels.  In the center of my card I used a piece of patterned paper from Graphic 45. I layered it on a black mat and attached a piece of black netting (recycled from produce packaging). I am glad to have another masculine card to add to my collection as my family has several male birthdays to celebrate this month.



5 comments:

  1. This is a great guy card, Brenda! You not only showcased a cool way to use Washi tape (which goes so fabulously with that paper!), but you are also inspirational in showing us a design that uses up some of that patterned paper we all have!! Well done! Thank you so much for joining the City Crafter challenge! It's wonderful to see you again! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on our challenge! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great used of the washi tape, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shades if blue in every possible variety is my favorite so this card me sigh and stare, This is lovely. So glad you jumped in at this challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete