Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Holly & the Ivy

The theme for this card is music and it was inspired by the current challenge at Jingle Belles. Steph and Lauren are challenging us to use music in our holiday creations. I started with a piece of Paper Studio's Old World Winter musical background paper . It has the music for Christmas Chimes in one corner and a poem called A Carol of the Holly, by A. Pembury on the left. The poem reminded of the beautiful Christmas song called "The Holly and the Ivy". So, I decided to used holly. I punched the holly from green cardstock and used a colored pencil to add highlight and detail. For the holly berries, I used a circle punch and added detail with a colored pencil and white gel pen. I also added a bit of sheer red ribbon. Now I find myself singing and humming "The Holly and the Ivy". My son and husband look at me like I'm nuts and remind me that today is Easter.

3 comments:

  1. The coloring on your punched elements really brings them to life ... so very glad you joined us with a little Fa-la-la-la-la at Jingle Belles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty holiday card. I love that background papers. Still hoping to find time to play along with this challenge later today - hmmm, might be running out of time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastic holiday card by any standard, but also a particularly lovely take on our music-inspired theme! and yes, i agree with stephanie, it's the way you've accented the holly leaves and berries so realistically that MAKES them so perfect for this! so pleased you could join our fa-la-la-la-fun at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete