Sunday, April 26, 2015

Jingle Belles Sketch Challenge

It has been an amazingly busy day here (more about this later). I began the day by creating this card for the Jingle Belles April sketch challenge.  It's the perfect sketch for those bits of scrap paper that I have been saving. I used four different patterns of cardstock and attached them to a mat by using my sewing machine to create the stitched snowflakes. I used a tree die-cut to create the tree for the focal point and backed it with white cardstock to give the impression of a snow covered tree. I have to say that creating this card was the absolute best part of the day. Afterwards I spent the entire day sorting through my craft studio tools and supplies. I weeded out a bunch of materials that I will no longer be using and set them aside to sell at a moving sale. My family will be moving across the country at the beginning of June! To prepare for the move, I packed up most of my craft studio today. I have accumulated a lot of supplies over the past eleven years and now the craft room is full of packed and taped boxes. It was necessary to pack up everything because we are selling some of the bookshelves and storage units that I have been using for storage of craft materials. The moving sale will be this coming weekend so rather than handle everything several times...I packed and packed and packed!  I will miss playing along with challenges, especially the Jingle Belles challenges (boo hoo),but it is probably for the best because I have SO much to do to prepare for the move. Hopefully, following blogs and seeing what all those talented crafters out there are creating will be enough to get me through the next month or so.

2 comments:

  1. holy *WOW* you have been busy!!! so exciting to be moving across the country (!) but definitely A LOT of work; seems like you are tackling it in a most efficient way, however. we will miss you for the next few challenges but cannot wait to see what you'll make when settled into your new crafty lair! meanwhile, this is a particularly lovely holiday card AND a great version of stephanie's sketch! so pleased you could join in our JINGLE BELLES fun! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stitched snowflakes are fantastic ... so very glad you created with our sketch at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete