Wednesday, March 4, 2015

52 CCT Marker Challenge

I'm playing along with the current challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. This challenge had me pulling out MARKERS! I haven't used them in a long while so it was the perfect challenge for me. I ended up creating the red and green background paper with the markers. I drew squiggly lines all over a piece of white cardstock using a red and green marker. I felt like I was back in kindergarten!!! Next I colored in the white area with a green colored pencil, then punched random holes in it.  I handcut a tree, crumpled it and uncrumpled it (to give it texture) then mounted it on a piece of white cardstock. The white cardstock was a bit blah, so I punched holes in it and scalloped the edges with decorative scissors.


4 comments:

  1. So creative and so FUN! Love the effect of the pattern showing through the punched holes.
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! I love the background with the squiggles - fab! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a one-of-a-kind background with your markers! Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally unique! I really like the way you've made your own background with markers. Lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete