Thursday, July 25, 2013

Christmas Deer

If you are familiar with my blog, you know that I love to create Christmas cards. Since there are two current Christmas challenges ....both "Anything Goes", I decided to create another card for both.  I'm playing along with the "Anything Goes" challenge at Crazyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge as well as the Merry Monday Christmas challenge at Always Playing with Paper.  I started by printing random Christmas related words on a piece of Kraft cardstock. Next I die cut the deer from the Kraft and lightly inked around the edges and added hooves, an eye and a nose with a marker. I adhered the deer to an embossed chevron and dotted cardbase. Before I adhered the deer, I ran a white ink pad over the embossed background to make it pop and added two strips of embossed red cardstock and clear gems.

Supplies:
Cardbase: Recollections: Cardstock: Recollections, Ink: Studio G, Die Cut: Tim Holtz, Embossing Folder: Darice, Gems: Studio G, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for July – hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that reindeer card, Brenda - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-230.html

    ReplyDelete