Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cattails

I have fond memories of fields with cattails and red-winged blackbirds from my childhood. These memories and the sketch at I Spy Sketches prompted me to create this card. I began by using a white card base and a white strip of cardstock and chalked the sky with blue.  To create clouds, I used an eraser to remove some of the blue chalk. Using the Stampin' Up's Nature stamp and green ink I stamped the grasses.  I added in the cattail detail with Bic Markers and colored pencils.  I also added in some blackbirds with the same markers.  I attached the cattail strip to a piece of Core'dinations Pure Chocolate cardstock and added a horizontal strip.  I adhered this to the cloud covered card base after I  added mountains created from a piece of green scrap that I inked and crinkled.    This was an interesting sketch to work with and I found myself thinking about other possibilities.  


Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cattails and your sky is wonderful! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful landscape you have created! Thanks for joining us this week over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete