Thursday, January 2, 2014

Something Old...Something New, Round 2


After I finish creating my origami tree (previous post), I designed a second card for the Something Old...Something New challenge at Jingle Belles. This time I used an old deer die, old DMC embroidery thread, new-ish paper (given to me a few months ago...but I loved it so much I hadn't used it yet). I also used a new ink pad to add some additional color to the deer. My previous walnut ink (from Fiber Scraps) has only a wee bit left. The new ink was a replacement but I have to be honest, I wish I could still get the Fiber Scraps Walnut Ink. I'm going to miss it. I used it for so many projects and it was the perfect color. The newer version isn't quite as nice. Oh yeah...back to the card...the last new bit on my card are the holes along the edge of the designer paper. I created the holes with my new Crop-A-Dile II.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Die: Tim Holtz, Designer Paper: My Mind's Eye: Signature Christmas, DMC Embroidery Thread, Ranger: Distress Ink, Memory Makers: Crop-A-Dile II, Scotch ATG adhesive

6 comments:

  1. Must check out the new crop-a-dile ... love the stitching ... so very glad you joined us as we celebrate the old & the new at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this card at the Jingle Belles blog, so very pretty, love the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great use of that beautiful deer die (my FAVE, actually!) and i love the combination of it with the gorgeous paper and the dynamic stitching on the edges is the PERFECT finishing touch! love it!
    ps: there's a new crop-o-dile??! gotta check that out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the use of brown for a Christmas card! Reminds me of MME Bohemian Christmas which is one of my faves. Really like this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who new browns on a monochromatic card would be so perfect for Christmas?!? Brilliant, all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lacing is such a great detail.

    ReplyDelete