Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mug of Flowers

This card was so fun to make! I began by folding a piece of black cardstock and then hand cut a mug shape from it, leaving the top edge of the mug in tack.  I pulled out a few flower stamps and punches and had a blast creating the flowers. For the stamped flowers, I had two different sizes that I stamped, colored and layered but the punched flowers were the same size, I just rotated the bottom petals were between the top petals.  I punched the leaves and added color to them with colored pencils. Before layering all the flowers onto the mug,  I added a bit of decorative tape to the mug and some glitter glue to break up the black.   

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollecions Cardstock, Darice Decorative Tape, Penny Black Stamps, Crayola Colored Pencils, Memento Ink, Studio G Glitter Glue, McGill Flower Punch, EK Success circle punch, Stampin' Up Happy Birthday Stamp, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Bazzill cardstock, scrap pieces of cardstock

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous! Also perfect for everyday card, isn't it! Will make and send one for my mom, just in time for her birthday next week.

    ReplyDelete