Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cluster of Evergreens


This CAS card evolved from the pile of scrap pieces of papers piled on my desk. I had used a tree patterned paper for a previous card and had a bit of the paper left over. Instead of filing it away my scrap stash, I decided to put it to use. I cut several trees from the patterned paper, adhered them to white cardstock and fussy cut around them. I decorated the two tallest trees with wire, by wrapping it around each tree. I also had a piece of white cardstock on my desk that I had considered using on a previous card. I had lightly inked the edges but it obviously didn't work for my previous card. Since I had inked it with green and that was the color of my trees, I decided to use it for this card. I randomly cut it into three sections, adhered my trees in a cluster  on the center panel and attached it to a green cardbase.  I love it when I am able to create a second or third card from the "scraps" on my desktop. There's that much less to clean up!

While I was creating my card, I had several inspiring challenges in mind. I'm linking this card up at Twisted Tuesday Challenges. The challenge is to create a CAS Christmas themed project.  There is also an "Evergreen Tree" challenge at Christmas Card Challenges and the "Anything Goes...as long as it's Christmas" challenge over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenges . Just for the fun of it, I'll also link up with Old Back Porch where anyone is welcome to share a current crafty project.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek at my card!
Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous way to use up those scraps! Your card is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trees and the way you've done the edging - thanks for entering for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to be able to put scraps into good use! And I love the way you wrapped wire around the trees!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those trees! And I really like how you matted your image! Cool. Thanks for linking up at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen, CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Christmas trees and how each one is so different. Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. The ink around the edges is great. Thanks for playing along with Twisted Tuesday! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love those trees :) Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card! love the wire decoration. nice touch! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesdays!!!

    ReplyDelete