Thursday, August 1, 2013

Aster-like Flowers

I've used a wonderful sketch from LeAnne at The Paper Players to create this birthday card. The card came together quickly because I only used scraps of paper and cardstock that I already had on my work table.  It's a great way to "clean-up" a desk top. One of the papers on my table was this beautiful soft, blue patterned paper. I love the muted blue color but wanted to add a bit of texture so I embossed it with a floral embossing folder before matting it onto an orange piece of cardstock. For the vertical panel, I layered a smaller strip of the light blue patterned paper onto orange cardstock then wrapped it with embossing thread. Next I punched three circles from a darker blue paper and fringed the circle to create "aster-like" flowers. I cut the stems and leaves from the same dark blue patterned paper. I created the horizontal strip from the darker blue paper and punched three hearts along the right hand edge and filled the heart shapes with Diamond Glaze. I finished by adding the sentiment to the base of the flowers.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: DCWV, Patterned Paper: Light Blue: Colorbok, Dark Blue: Oriental Trading, Heart Punch, EK Success Circle Punch, DMC Embroidery Thread, Darice Embossing Folder, Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry,Diamond Glaze



3 comments:

  1. I love your muted blue and your attention to details! The embossing is beautiful and I love your little floss embellishments! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing, Brenda - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-231.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Brenda! I love all of the detail in your card! The little trio of hearts is such a great touch, too...along with the pop of texture on the background. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete