Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Love You ...to the Core

I
As I was nibbling on an apple the other day, it reminded me of apple picking when I was a child. I always looked forward to this family outing and couldn't wait to bite into a crisp, ripe MacIntosh apple.  As I finished nibbling the apple down to the core, I decided to use an apple theme for a card. I decided to create this card for my son who recently went off to college. I hand cut the apples, leaves and stems and added a bit of white chalk to add highlight to each apple. They don't look like MacIntosh apples but I think you can tell that they are supposed to be apples. However, my favorite part the card is the inside. I hand cut an apple core, added a few color penciled seeds and finished it off with a computer generated  "Love you to the Core" sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment